Carpenter’s Axe Mod
That simply adds in a new set of axes which is the carpenter axe that has been designed for the purpose of farming planks. Basically, when you break logs, you will normally receive a wood block right? But breaking by using this new axe will result in automatically refined 5 piece or planks instead. Carpenter’s Axe Mod it’s pretty convenient right? However, let’s check it recipe first! You are going to need 1 extra materials to craft this from the regular axe grid form.
I know what’s in your head right now that is it going to be worth that I have to spend 1 extra diamond for the automatically refined tool? As you can see that I mentioned 5 pieces per 1 block of wood! Anyway, that depends on the level of fortune that you have on the axe as well. Every level of fortune will yield another 33% chance of dropping a 6th plank. As long as you have fortune level 3, then you are ensured to have a 6th plank drop. This mod also supports so many tree based mod as well including Biomes O’ Plenty, Forestry, and Natura.
Reading with your own eyes won’t be that engaging. I recommend you trying this Carpenter’s Axe Mod out yourself to see if it’s useful or not. For me it did though. But I don’t like the fact that I have to change to use normal axe when I want to keep the beautiful pattern of the wood log instead of plank.
Carpenter’s Axe Mod Main Features
- This mod applies in a new set of axes which has been designed especially for farming planks, breaking logs which will automatically drop 5 pieces of planks instead of a wood block
Carpenter’s Axe Mod Pros and Cons
- It’s obviously useful and better when you get one plank extra
- You can even upgrade this new axe by the level of fortune which will give another 33% chance of dropping a next extra plank
- This mod supports Biomes O’ Plenty, Forestry, Natura and any mod that adds in new tree which can be added in the config file later as well
- It seems like crafting this new axe would cost you extra materials as well
- It may not be necessary for its features that automatically turns log into planks because some people rather want the wood log ones stored
How to install Carpenter’s Axe Mod
- Minecraft Forge required, so download and install it first and be sure that it’s the most compatible version comparing to your game
- Download the Carpenter’s Axe Mod file with the latest version.
- Go to %appdata% and open in .minecraft folder
- In here, find mods folder and open it
- Drop the downloaded file here without extracting it
- Start the game
- Have fun