Vanilla Minecraft allows you to shear only the fur from sheep right? Have you ever imagined that you can shear the fur from cows, pigs, and chickens as well? It sounds impossible, but it’s now possible as long as you have this More Shearables Mod installed. More furs, more leathers, more feathers, and even more skins.
More Shearables Mod is a mod that has been created and designed specifically for the shearing purpose. First of all, this mod allows you to shear any in-game animals like cows, pigs, and even chickens. Even though that sounds terribly wrong because cows and pigs don’t have any fur, but for some purpose they still drop as well as the skins. Probably, these skins are the most useful part of this mod though.
The pig skins can be used to craft a new and special pig armor. Not pretty sure about the stats and the durability, but quite sure they are easily obtainable things that you can get your hands on the early stage of the game. Also, you can’t shear them with the same old shears as of right now there is a better one called the shavers. You can craft it by using 2 gold ingots and a bunch of shears. Once you get yourself a shaver, now you just walk right up to any animals supported by this mod and just right click and let it do the work. Also, you don’t have to afraid that th effect will be permanent once you have sheared one as they will start to re-grow automatically, but take times.
Actually, Leather, and Features drop from Pigs, Cows, and Chickens are the most common things in the game, but the pig skin is the new one which you might find it useful for the early stage of the game as the beginning armor. But hey, it’s worth to remember that there is nothing blasted and wasted after shearing an animal, they will re-grow their skin and hair after eating some grass More Shearables Mod.
More Shearables Mod Main Features
- There is a new wonderful item added and that is the shaver, which use to shear the skin or leather of the animals without abusing them
- This mod also allows you to shear more animals as of right now with this mod implemented, you can shear chickens, cows, and pigs
- Mobs also have a chance to drop an item upon being sheared as well
More Shearables Mod Pros and Cons
- Those pig skins have a chance to drop upon shearing and they can be used to craft a special pig armor
- As most of mobs have a chance to drop an item upon being sheared, it’s going to be great for a new way to acquire more resources
- Leathers and skins can be now sheared from chickens, cows, and pigs which means that you don’t have to breed a ton of cow in your farm anymore as any types of animals also drop leather upon being sheared
- One thing I dislike about this mod is that the pig skin, it seems like abusing the pig, but there is actually no harm to them. However, for the ideas seem to be cruel even if the appearance is not that bad. Also, that depends on individual opinion, but for me it’s a really good mod
- Minecraft Forge with the same version as this mod and your game need to be installed first as it’s the priority of all
How to install More Shearables Mod
- Download Minecraft Forge with the most compatible version and have it installed to your game first
- Download More Shearables Mod from the link download below as well as the most compatible version
- Search for %appdata%
- Look for .minecraft folder and open in
- Head into mods folder
- Copy the downloaded file and paste it into this folder
- All done, start the game and have fun