Another new and awesome map that I find it might be the best map to play with in the year 2016 is called Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map. From seeing the name, some of you might probably notice that this is the 3rd map in this series right? Actually, this one is completely standalone. Of course, this map is based on the puzzling with the new mechanics used.
Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map is a map made by Dwittyy. It’s a puzzle map, but it’s not that normal because this map is the best by far in term of the mechanics used. It uses a new custom mechanic of light-based and shadow-based as well. It’s pretty simple though, the light mechanics will be divided into different colors including of green, red, and blue, black, white, grey, orange, purple, locked light and shadow. Basically, standing on green block will lift you up, red will go down, and blue will go in the direction that you are facing. Black and white will allow you to pass through only white while your shadow can only pass through black. Grey one will switch it to the color of the character that passed through permanently. When standing on orange or purple will make the respective light appear. These are the simple things that you need to remember before playing with this map. Also, not only the mechanics that make this map look freaking fun and awesome to play with. But also the design created ridiculously wonderful.
With this Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map installed, loads of fun given to you immediately, all you have to do is to carefully read the mechanics and the rest if your own common sense and personal skills. Let’s see how fast you can complete all the levels provided.
Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map Main Features
- There are over 50 puzzling levels that you have to complete
- Pretty well created with the unique and new mechanic using the light-based and the shadow-based as well
- An average of more than 2 hours of gameplay
Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map Pros and Cons
- It’s a freaking awesome map with the new mechanic used based on the light and shadow which is really interesting and has potential to make the progress throughout all the future map created
- A pretty long gameplay that allows you to enjoy it
- With the new mechanics that you might actually be really confusing at the beginning when played
- The map might take you more than 2 hours to complete all the levels
- It’s a bit hard and confusing for those who are weak at puzzling
How to install Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map
- Download Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map with the latest version or the most compatible version from the link download highlighted given below
- Browse to %appdata%/.minecraft
- Look for saves folder and head into it
- Place the downloaded new map into this folder
- All done, select the new map to play in-game