Another cool resource pack that I would like to present you guys today is the pack called PokeBox Resource Pack. Keep guessing from its name would give you some clues about what this pack is about right? What you’ve expected might be true as this pack is based on the Pokemon theme that will give you the look of that game in the world of Minecraft. But don’t be too greedy or way too happy because the textures of the blocks might not be as good as you expected because there are more than that.
PokeBox Resource Pack is a pack that was created to be used with the Pixelmon Mod. The mod that is about the Pokemon. First of all, this pack will give you the overall look of the whole to be like the Pokemon world, but it won’t be that easy to pull everything together to make it look exactly like that right? So, what’s more that I mentioned before is the GUI that some of you might have played with the Pixelmon before. Actually, this pack provides the support for many mods as well rather than Pixelmon, ther are the new GUI for Zan’ Mini-map, Voxelmap, Mo. Crayfish’s Furniture Mod, Jammy Furniture, the Hats and many more. To be honest, at first this map was originally made for the Super Fun Time community though, but it seems to suit the Pixelmon Mod pretty well. What really reminds you of the feeling of that game is the grass block and some other things. Those some other things are the painting that once placed will appear randomly to be Pokemon pictures like Pikachu and many more. The new models for Villagers changed to look like other trainers. The dyes become the D energy drink, Saplings look so suitable to the theme and wood stuff as well. Other than that like those blocks and items just look a little bit changed but not too much from the Vanilla style, so that’s not interesting at all.
What you can expect from this PokeBox Resource Pack is the new GUI that are all already done and the environment given with the new model textures added including Podzol, Red Sand, Iron Door, Wooden Door, Stained Glass Variations, and many more. So, as far as you know that it still needs a lot of updates to complete the whole details for the pack, but anyways for the parts that have been done will allow you to enjoy the whole game without any problems at all.
PokeBox Resource Pack Main Features
- The resolution of this pack is 16×16
- This pack is was created for Pixelmon
- It’s based on the Pokemon series
PokeBox Resource Pack Pros and Cons
- All the blocks and items are really based on the Pokemon looks, but it still maintains the concept and the aspect of the game Minecraft as well which is good
- As it’s based on that cartoon or game, whatever, it will give you the cartoony theme with the bright and soft tones of color used which will be pretty pleasant to the eyes
- It totally suits the Pixelmon Mod
- This pack is not yet finished
- This mod doesn’t look that different if you compare it with the default or any other resource pack based on the 16×16 as it will give the best potential that will be maximized one it’s used with the Pixelmon Mod
How to install PokeBox Resource Pack
- Download Optifine with the most compatible version and have it installed first
- Download PokeBox Resource Pack from the link download provided below
- Go to %appdata% and look for .minecraft folder
- Head into resourcepacks folder
- Copy the downloaded pack file
- Paste it into the resourcepacks folder
- Have the new pack implemented in the texture packs option in-game
- Have fun