Do you want to make your own spawn cage to gather ultimate XP or unlimited xp ? If yes I would suggest you to try this Soul Shards Mod out. It’s an awesome mod which allow you to make your own spawner, but need hours of time to achieve.
Soul Shards Mod is one of the most interesting mod which will focus on the new item added which is ‘Soul Shard’. This new item can be created from your crafting table. The Soul Shard is the item that will absorb the souls of monsters upon dead, so you have to kill the monster to get the charges which is categorize into 5 tier, and then use those charged to get different outcomes by inserting into a Soul Cage later. The Soul Cage is one of a main character in this mod, but in fact it’s a block :P. It is a special block that will spawn the type of mob your Soul Shard had been absorbing. This mod’s cages can spawn monsters normally unavailable with vanilla spawners. For more, higher tier shards can spawn mobs regardless of the light level, and tier 5 can react to a redstone signal.
In order to craft a Soul Shard in this Soul Shards Mod you will need Corrupted Essence which is made by cooking Soul Sand in a furnace and combining the Vile Dust with Glowstone Dust on a crafting grid. The actual Soul Shard must be made in a Soul Forge by putting in a diamond in the drop slot and 8 Corrupted Essence in the fuel slot.
Soul Shards Mod Main Features
- Soul Shard, the main item which can be crafted with End Stone, Netherrack and Glowstone
- Soul Shard can absort the monsters essence which is XP
- You can get a different outcomes by putting the essence in soul cage also depending which tier of Soul Shard you have absorbed
Soul Shards Mod Pros and Cons
- You can get your own ultimate XP farm (Tier 5 Blaze Soul Cage)
- Mob spawning system is still not fixed yet
- To achieve tier 5 or Soul Shard you will have to kill over 1000+ mobs that would be all day long
How to install Soul Shards Mod
- You need to install the latest version of Minecraft Forge first
- Download Soul Shards Mod drag and drop it into ‘mods’ folder
- By browser to %appdata% and find ‘.minecraft’ folder
- There will be ‘mods’ folder
- Start the game to check if the mod is loaded completely